What Are the Best Neighborhoods in New Mexico for Rental Properties?
Some of the best neighborhoods in New Mexico for rental properties include downtown Albuquerque, the University of New Mexico area, Santa Fe’s downtown and east side, Taos, and Las Cruces. These areas have high demand for rentals from students, young professionals, and tourists. They are centrally located and close to amenities.
What Are the Average Rental Prices in the Best Neighborhoods for Rental Properties in New Mexico?
Rental prices vary across New Mexico, but some average monthly rents in top neighborhoods are:
– Downtown Albuquerque – $1,000-$1,500 for 1-bedroom, $1,200-$2,000 for 2-bedroom
– University of New Mexico area – $800-$1,200 for 1-bedroom
– Downtown Santa Fe – $1,500-$2,500 for 1-bedroom
– East side Santa Fe – $1,200-$1,800 for 1-bedroom
– Taos – $900-$1,400 for 1-bedroom
– Las Cruces – $700-$1,100 for 1-bedroom
Which Neighborhoods in New Mexico Have the Highest Rental Prices?
Learn More: commercial loans for rental property
The Santa Fe area tends to have the highest rental prices in New Mexico. Specifically, downtown Santa Fe and the east side demand the steepest rents. Average 1-bedroom prices downtown can reach $2,500 per month. The high prices are driven by tourism, affluence, and limited housing inventory.
What Factors Contribute to the High Rental Prices in Some New Mexico Neighborhoods?
Several factors drive up rental prices in prime New Mexico neighborhoods:
– High demand from students in university areas putting pressure on limited housing
– Tourism and seasonal residents increasing demand in Santa Fe and Taos
– Lack of new construction and low housing inventory in cities like Santa Fe
– Desirability of walkable, amenity-rich neighborhoods in cities
– Rising housing costs pricing out renters and forcing them to pay higher rents
How Have Rental Prices in New Mexico Changed Over the Past Decade?
Rental prices across New Mexico have increased over the past decade. According to Census data, median gross rent rose by 24% statewide from 2010 to 2020. Rents have risen fastest in Santa Fe, increasing 35% from 2010-2019. Supply has not kept up with job and population growth, especially in urban areas.
What Is the Highest and Lowest Rental Price for a Single-Family Home in New Mexico?
The highest rental price for a single-family home tends to be found in Santa Fe, where luxury homes can rent for $5,000 per month or more. The lowest single-family rental prices are found in rural areas and small towns, where homes may rent for $500-$800 per month.
Rental demand is high across many New Mexican neighborhoods. Investors should target walkable, amenity-rich areas in cities. Santa Fe and Albuquerque offer high rents but also high home prices. Taos and Las Cruces present more affordable buying opportunities. Thorough research and financial analysis are key before buying a New Mexico rental property.