CoreVest Finance recently attended the MBA CREF/Multifamily Housing Convention & Expo in San Diego, CA.…
CoreVest Finance recently attended the IMN Single Family Rental “SFR” conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. A highly anticipated event in the real estate investing industry, IMN SFR West 2023 was another productive conference organized by the Information Management Network. Nearly 2,000 real estate investors, brokers, lenders, and vendors in categories such as technology, insurance, and property management, gathered at the Fairmont Princess Scottsdale Hotel, to meet and discuss relevant trends and topics about the national SFR landscape.
During the three-day event, our team gained valuable insights from industry experts through panel presentations, networking events, and one-on-one meetings. Interest in SFR has significantly grown in recent years, especially as the office and multifamily markets continue to face challenges. CoreVest has been an early participant in the SFR market and in the IMN SFR conference series, returning once again as a Gold Sponsor this year.
Here are the Top 10 Takeaways from our team:
1. Optimistic sentiment for 2024, recognizing strong fundamentals in the SFR industry.
2. High interest in short-term financing solutions.
3. Strong SFR resale market.
4. Strong interest in BFR for construction and investment in newly built communities for lease, market density concerns exist.
5. Few term rental deals happening, with expected rate decreases next year.
6. SFR supply remains low, favoring BFR projects.
7. Addressing housing shortage and cost-effective debt and equity solutions are hot topics.
8. Challenges in raising equity and finding preferred investors for capital stack bridging.
9. Efficient debt options are emerging, benefiting operators and fund managers.
10. Rent growth and home appreciation are stabilizing, but rents are expected to remain affordable compared to home ownership.
Despite interest rate challenges affecting deal flow, there is optimism that these hurdles may lead to new investment opportunities. The SFR resale market remains robust, with improved market sentiment. We look forward to applying these insights from IMN West 2023 to enhance our strategies for the benefit of our clients and partners.
We would like to thank all of the following for their contributions to the takeaways above: Micaela Lumpkin, Justin Driscoll, Sean Robbins, Dennis Spivey, Tim Leber, Rachel Adams, Brendan Hamilton, Yumna Zahidi, and Zoe Rodriguez. We would also like to thank all our clients, colleagues, and partners for making this another successful event and look forward to our next gathering.
Finally, we would like to give kudos to the organizers. The IMN SFR forum has grown and evolved with the shifting pace of the industry and was yet another great opportunity for attendees to connect with key market participants, including fix and flip investors, rental investors, build for rent developers, and other real estate and mortgage professionals for a few days of learning, lively discussion, and networking.
CoreVest is a market leader in real estate investment financing needs and has helped thousands of investors finance over 150,000 units across the nation. We’d love to talk with you directly on how we can maximize the value of your investment projects or properties. Call us today at 844.223.7496 or email or email [email protected] to discuss how CoreVest can help you grow!