Rental property investing can be extremely lucrative, and remain one of the best classes of real estate investments available. Good properties offer a unique combination of capital growth, ongoing cash flow and significant tax benefits. Long-term rental properties take little management, give great returns and produce cash flow for years and years into the future. Here are some additional points to consider:
- What are your real estate goals? If your goal is to produce long-term wealth, rental properties are the way to go. Long-term rentals won’t give you a huge payday right away, but they keep creating income month after month. Long-term rentals also have great tax advantages that could allow you to make money while actually claiming a loss on your taxes.Why are rental properties such a great real estate investment? Each month you calculate all expenses from your rental properties. That figure is going to keep coming in as long as I own the rental properties and will increase because I am paying off mortgages and rents will go up over time.
- Rental properties produce positive cash flow. If you buy rental properties for the right price in an area with a high rent to value ratio, you will make money every month.
- You can purchase rental properties below market value. There are not many investments that allow you to buy below market value; the stock market, and mutual funds are bought at market value. However, you can buy properties that are distressed or need work, and get a great deal on them! After repairs and rehab work, the property is usually worth 30 to 40 percent more than you paid for.
- Over time real estate will appreciate. I think it is very hard to predict appreciation, but given enough time the real estate market has always increased.
- There are many ways to build your rental property empire and start building wealth. One of the more important aspects of building a rental property strategy is how you finance your properties. Corevest Finance is a leading provider of financing solutions to residential real estate investors. We provide attractive long-term debt products for stabilized rental portfolios as well as credit lines for new acquisitions.
CoreVest is a leading provider of financing solutions to residential real estate investors. We provide attractive long-term debt products for stabilized rental portfolios as well as credit lines for new acquisitions. For more information about how CoreVest can help grow your rental and rehab business, please call 844.223.2231 or submit our contact form.